
I had almost forgotten that history was being made yesterday. I as callup up a friend in the US when she screamed told me exciedly that he was watching Obama swearing in as the 44th president. I wasnted to see him in all his confidence and pride taking the solemn oath but as luch would have it I could not find a television in sight. its kind's strange right!! No television in 21st century?? Well, the television is getting a well deserved rest and has been packed off in one corner of the house. Reason, you may ask, my little neice jelly. She has lately been too addicted to the television and we thought it right to give her eyes some rest.
While I could not watch the ceremony live, I tried other options. One was see it live on net. Unfortunately India still does not really have those kind of net speeds where one can watch streaming videos. So, I figured out another way, the speech transcript. Well written, simple and hard hitting, those were my first reactions after reading the speech.
Kudos Omaba!! Way to go. May god be with you
No comments:
Post a Comment